Clubs for Gold Prospecting in Georgia:
- Dahlonega Mining Company
- Georgia Gold Prospectors Association
- Georgia Chapter of the GPAA
- North Georgia Mining Company
- Georgia Prospectors Association
Gold Prospecting Locations in Georgia:
- Dahlonega, GA - This is one of the most popular gold prospecting locations in Georgia, and it is home to the Consolidated Gold Mines and the Dahlonega Gold Museum, which showcases the history of gold mining in the area.
- Consolidated Gold Mine - This mine offers gold panning and gold mine tours, and it is a great place to learn about gold prospecting and try your hand at finding gold.
- Nacoochee Valley - This valley is located near Dahlonega and is known for its rich deposits of gold.
- Calhoun Mine - This mine is located in the Nacoochee Valley and is one of the oldest gold mines in Georgia.
Gold Museums in Georgia:
- Dahlonega Gold Museum - This museum is dedicated to the history of gold mining in Dahlonega and is a great place to learn about the gold rush that took place in the area in the 1820s.
- Atlanta History Center - This museum is located in Atlanta and has a collection of artifacts related to the history of gold mining in Georgia, including a gold nugget from the Calhoun Mine.
- Important Gold History in Georgia:
- Georgia has a rich history of gold mining that dates back to the 1820s when gold was first discovered in Dahlonega. This discovery led to the Georgia Gold Rush, which attracted thousands of prospectors to the area in search of gold. Today, gold prospecting is still a popular hobby in Georgia, and the state is home to several museums, clubs, and organizations dedicated to preserving the history of gold mining in the state.