- Pennsylvania Prospectors - This club is dedicated to educating the public about gold prospecting and mineral collecting. They organize outings and events for members to learn about gold panning, metal detecting, and rock hounding.
- Pennsylvania Gold and Mineral Society - This club is dedicated to the study of minerals and gold and is open to both amateur and professional collectors. They hold regular meetings and events to share information and exchange specimens.
Gold Prospecting Locations:
- Conestoga River - This river is a popular gold prospecting location and is known for its rich deposits of placer gold.
- Susquehanna River - The Susquehanna River is one of the most important gold-producing rivers in Pennsylvania and has been a popular gold-panning site for generations.
- Moshannon Creek - Moshannon Creek is a tributary of the Susquehanna River and is known for its placer gold deposits.
- Camp Creek: Camp Creek, which is located in the Allegheny Mountains, is a popular spot for gold panning. The creek is known to contain gold deposits, and you can use a gold pan or sluice box to search for the precious metal.
- Pine Creek: Pine Creek, which is located in the Allegheny Mountains, is another popular spot for gold panning. The creek is known to contain gold deposits, and you can use a gold pan or sluice box to search for the metal.
- French Creek: French Creek, which runs through Chester and Berks counties, is a popular spot for gold panning. The creek is known to contain gold deposits, and you can use a gold pan or sluice box to search for the precious metal.
- Pennsylvania Mining and Mineral Museum - This museum is dedicated to preserving the state's mining heritage and showcases the history of Pennsylvania's minerals, including gold.
- Gettysburg Museum of History - This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of Gettysburg and the surrounding area, including its gold mining heritage.
Important Gold History Sites:
- Cornwall Iron Furnace - This historic site is a reminder of Pennsylvania's industrial past and was once the largest iron producer in the state. It also produced gold during the California Gold Rush.
- Powhatan Point - This historic gold-mining town was once a hub of gold-mining activity in Pennsylvania and is now a popular tourist destination.